Accessing goalgamiPro from Redtail
You can now access goalgamiPro from Redtail, and utilize our Single Sign On capability to seamlessly log in at any time.
To access goalgamiPro, select ‘Integrations’ from the bottom of the Redtail application. All integrations available from Redtail will be displayed. Select ‘Single Sign On’ under goalgamiPro.
Figure 1: Redtail access to goalgamiPro
Once this link is selected, you will be brought to goalgamiPro. You will be prompted to enter your goalgamiPro user name and password the first time that you enter the workflow. You will only have to enter this once- your user name and password will be remembered each time thereafter.
Note, you do need an active goalgamiPro account to access the application. You can sign up for the tool by visiting the Advisor Software website, or go to the following link: https://asi.secure.force.com/.
Importing Content from Redtail
You have the capability of importing your information from Redtail to goalgamiPro. The information that you can pull in is as follows:
- Contact Data
- Date of Birth
- Family Members
- Account data
- Account Type
- Account Owner
- Account Company
- Position Shares
We offer you a workflow to guide you through the process. The workflow- with some context- is outlined below.
From the My Households page, select the “Import Accounts” dropdown. Select “From Redtail”.
Figure 2: My Households
On the first step, we need you to tell us what you want to do.
Figure 3: Indicate what you want to do
There are three options:
- Import a Single Redtail Family or Contact and Associated Accounts into a New Household in goalgamiPro. (Recommended for first-time users)
- Import Multiple Redtail Families or Contacts and Associated Accounts into New Households in goalgamiPro.
- Import Redtail Contacts into an existing Household in goalgamiPro.
About the options:
Importing a Single Family and importing multiple families is essentially the same process. The only difference is the obvious- the number of families that you can select. This workflow allows you to import contacts. You also have the option of importing accounts.
You may import accounts at this point, or you may import/update accounts when you are working on the household in goalgamiPro.
Importing Contacts to an existing Household allows you to fulfill the need of updating an existing household with a new contact because there is a new member of their family or in order to import accounts with the contact.
Import a Redtail Family or Contact and Associated Accounts into a New Household in goalgamiPro
As mentioned earlier, the workflow is the same whether you are importing one or many Families; therefore, both are discussed in this section.
Upon selecting these options, the first page you are brought to explains more about the process. This acts as a reference point for you in the workflow. The step explains several important points about the process. You are also given a status at the top of the page which indicates the loading status. When complete, the system will let you know how many contacts were imported.
Important things to consider are outlined on this page. There are some terminology differences between Redtail and goalgamiPro:
Redtail < > goalgamiPro
Family < > Household
Contact < > Household Member
Family Head < > Primary Contact
Figure 4: Information about workflow
All of your Redtail contacts are listed and grouped by family on this step. goalgamiPro uses the ‘Family’ in Redtail to determine members of the same ‘Household’. If you did not use ‘Family’, a household will be created for each Contact retrieved from Redtail. You can add other contacts to this household later by selecting “Import Redtail Contacts and associated Accounts into an existing Household in goalgamiPro” on the previous screen, or you can go to Redtail and group your Contacts by Family.
The Redtail Family or Contact name will be used as the name of the Household. The “Family Head” is considered the Primary Contact for the Household. You can change these later on the Household Summary screen.
Figure 5: Select Household
Update Member Information
goalgamiPro requires information like the First Name, Last Name, Birthdate and Gender. This step is to verify and update that member information.
- Table of Household Member Information. If the information is available from Redtail, we will import it. If the information in the table is empty, this means that we did not receive any content from Redtail and you need to update manually.
- Go Back. Allows you to return to the previous screen.
- Import Accounts. This optional step allows you to continue forward to import any accounts associated with the Members that you have just updated.
- Done. Allows you to complete the workflow with all members added to the Household.
Figure 6: Update Member Information
Import Accounts (optional)
You have the option to import accounts and holdings that are associated with each Redtail Contact. This can be completed as part of the “Adding a new Household” workflow or it can be accessed from the “Household Summary” page.
Figure 7: Access Point from Household Accounts
The Redtail account type is mapped to the goalgamiPro account type. You have the option to change the account type.
You have the option to view the underlying holdings by selecting the ‘+” to expand the view. If any account holdings are not recognized, a warning is shown and these holdings are not imported.
Click ‘Done’ to complete the import of holdings.
Figure 8: Import Accounts
Import Contacts to an Existing Household
You also have the ability to import contacts to an existing household. This is useful for the following reasons:
- If a new Household member has been added in the Redtail system, and you would like to quickly add it to goalgamiPro.
- If you do not use the “Family” field in Redtail, this will allow you to add contacts to a Household that you have added.
- If you have previously entered a Household and Plan manually and want to update accounts associated with that Household from Redtail. You would have to take this step to add Household Members through Redtail, and then update the associated accounts. This will allow you to maintain all of your Plans and associated Resources/Goals while getting the benefit of updating via the Redtail integration.
Figure 9: Select "Import Redtail Contacts"
Select Household Member
All of your Redtail contacts are listed individually. Select the Household Members that you would like to add to a household by checking the box next to each name. Using the dropdown at the top of the page, select the household to import the contacts.
Update Member Information
Birthdate and Gender are retrieved from Redtail if available. If it is not available you will need to enter this information. goalgamiPro uses the Birthdate and Gender for modeling life expectancy and goals such as retirement.
Figure 10: Import Contacts to an Existing Household